With an intensive agenda addressing major current concerns, the 2012 Arab Economic Forum will focus on the following topics:
- Economic and political conditions in the Arab world more than a year after of the beginning of the “Arab spring” and near term prospects.
- Impact of regional political upheavals on economic growth, stability and the progress of economic reform.
- Requirements and priorities for establishing new economic structures that meet the aspiration of the Arab people for jobs, higher living standards, equality and accountability.
- The main engines of economic growth in the region, and how to exploit them within the new conditions.
- The future of Arab economic cooperation and prospects for making it more effective, and developing the position of the Arab world in the world economy.
- Importance of the financial sector in promoting future Arab economic growth.
- Learning from the lessons of transitions in other countries and regions.