Al Madina Investment
Blom Development Bank
- Advisor to the board of Blom development bank for Islamic financial affairs since 2008
- Islamic Finance Business developer and financial engineering structures advisor.
- Ex-Advisor to the Governor of the Lebanese Central Bank for Islamic Financial affairs 2006-2008. Member of the key Islamic financial development committees at BDL, drafting the legislative framework for Islamic banking, Islamic funds and securitzation in Lebanon.
- Member of the coordinating committee drafting the IFRM certificate (Islamic Financial Risk management, a collaboration between The Central Bank of Lebanon and GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals) 2006-2008.
- Secretary of the Corporate Governance Committee of Blom Development Bank.
- Financial advisor to the Sharia’ supervisory board of Blom Development Bank – Lebanon.
- Member of the “Basel II and III accord” implementation committee for Islamic Financial Institutions at Path-Solutions Lebanon.
- Advisor- associate, for Islamic Finance and projects, at Clusterbridge –Geneva, a venture capital and business development Buffet.
- Senior Islamic financial analyst at Orient Consulting, London UK.
- 20 years of international experience in management and financial positions, in Latin America, the Far East ,Europe and the Middle east.
Dr. Sami Al-Suwailem
Islamic Development Bank
Lo’ai B. Bataineh
Oman Arab Bank
Sheikh Bilal is a key member of the global Islamic finance practice at the magic circle law firm Linklaters LLP.
He is currently co-authoring and editing two multi-volume legal treatises: Legal Practitioners' Guide to Sukuk and Legal Practitioners' Guide to Takaful and ReTakaful (Islamic Insurance and Reinsurance) as well as regularly contributing in industry journals and magazines and being quoted in the electronic and press media.
Khalid Alyahmadi is the Chief Investment Officer of Almadina Investment, the pioneer investment house in Oman. He joined Almadina in 2003 and since then has been the architect of most of the investment structures launched by Almadina including he setting up of the first real estate fund "Tilal Fund", providing investment solutions to clients in different fields such as logistics, real estate, takaful, as well as educations and health care. He has also being advising clients in funding-‐raising employing sharia compliant structures.
Khalid is a Chartered Islamic Finance Professional (CIFP). He holds a double master degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Illinois, USA.
He is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from USA.
Sami Al-Suwailem, obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Science from King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in 1987. He obtained his Master’s degree from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, USA, in 1990, and in 1995 obtained his Ph.D. from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, both in Economics. He joined Al Rajhi Bank in 1995 as a chief consultant, and in 1998 became Manager of Research & Development in the Shari’ah Group at the Bank. He joined Islamic Development Bank Group in December, 2004 as a senior economist. Currently he is Head of Financial Product Development Center at the IDB Group. He published several papers and books in Islamic finance in Arabic and English.
Mr. Lo’ai Bataineh is DGM-Investment and Development, and heads the Investment Management Group, Oman Arab Bank.
Mr. Bataineh has more than 21 years of experience specializing in financial investments and fund management and is a member of several committees including Oman Arab Bank like Asset Liabilities Committee (ALCO), Investment, IT Steering, Marketing and Promotion Committees.
Mr. Bataineh holds a Masters Degree as well as B.Sc (Honor Degree) in Money & Banking.