Award-winning Executive with 20+ years of international business development and legal experience, Amin Salam is a seasoned executive and international advisor with experience in economic and social development, management, strategic leadership, advocacy, government relations, communications, public affairs, public policy, and coalitions building, creating and managing an international footprint covering 50+ countries, with focus on post-conflict regions.
He drove expansion into global markets for major fortune 500 companies including technology, defense, aviation, energy, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, and major infrastructure projects.
As Senior Managing Director at Ankura Global Consulting Group, Salam advises on global infrastructure projects, trade, FDI and manages the global operations of the firm with focus on international market growth.
As Vice President of the National US-Arab Chamber of Commerce, Amin served as the primary liaison between the US and the 22 countries of Middle East and North Africa (MENA) in advising high level officials in the public and private sectors on issues of trade, investment, security, and foreign affairs.
Salam’s professional experience includes:
- Advanced US economic goals through the US National Export Initiative, through which he cultivated extensive contacts with major industry officials to coordinate US defense and commercial sales with major aviation and infrastructure companies to include Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Schlumberger, and General Electric.
- Engaged by foreign sovereign wealth funds from the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries (GCC) as an external economic development expert in assisting and identifying new investment markets around the world, with focus on the Americas.
- Advised the Dubai Free Zone Council in developing a new strategic plan to transform the Emirates’ free zones, which are key drivers of 2021 Dubai Economic Development Plan, into international investment destinations. Represented the Council’s policy interests at the international level.
- Advised investment agencies in two North African countries in the development of economic and investment strategies with focus on attracting foreign direct investment (FDI) and drafting new investment regulations.
- Engaged by foreign central and commercial banks to help them build partnerships with major US companies with cyber security expertise and data center capabilities.
- Managed multiple trade development initiatives including trade missions to the Middle East and North Africa in partnership with United States Trade Development Agency (USTDA).
- Represented prominent US aviation and defense companies in negotiating and closing over $30 billion of commercial and defense sales to be executed and delivered over a five-year period.