Emigrants have always been the main pillar of Lebanon’s society and economy. Their role in supporting Lebanon has even become more vital amidst the defining political and economic crisis that has engulfed the country since 2019. According to the World Bank, in 2022, the remittance inflows in Lebanon are estimated at 38% of the country’s GDP which helped a large number of Lebanese in sustaining a decent living standard and in creating much needed jobs. However, their contribution transcends remittances to encompass providing skills and knowledge and supporting education, healthcare and entrepreneurship in the country in addition to facilitating cultural and diplomatic relations between Lebanon and the countries they live in.
To put more focus on the Lebanese diaspora and its role in helping the country in navigating its current difficulties and starting the recovery process, Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal Group, in cooperation with concerned ministries in Lebanon, Lebanese Economic organizations, the World Lebanese Cultural Union and organizations in relation with Emigrants in Lebanon and abroad, is organizing “The 3rd Emigrants Economic Conference” on July 04, 2023 at the Phoenicia Intercontinental Hotel – Beirut.
The conference will be held under the patronage of the President of the Council of Ministers and it will bring together a large number of high-level participants including ministers, business and emigrants’ leaders from all parts of the world.
The main topics to be discussed at the conference will include:
- Role of Lebanese Diaspora in overcoming the current crisis and ensuring a brighter future for the country.
- Diaspora vision for reforms and economic recovery.
- Role of Lebanese Women in Diaspora.
- How can emigrants be a catalyst to mobilize capital into Lebanon
- How to leverage on emigrants’ global skills, networks and successes to build a new economy?
- Emigrants’ contribution to sustain the education industry in Lebanon.
- How Diaspora can help Lebanese entrepreneurs in Lebanon and abroad.
- Success stories.